Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says any players who want to leave the club will be allowed to go amid speculation linking Moussa Dembele to Manchester United.
The Red Devils are still desperate for a new striker to provide competition for Marcus Rashford, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side have been struggling for goals since their top scorer got injured last month.
Dembele has had another impressive season in Ligue 1, scoring 13 goals in 23 games, and United have reportedly been sending scouts to watch the 23-year-old in action over the last few months.
When asked about whether he would consider letting the likes of Dembele leave in the summer, Aulas admitted he was powerless to keep want-away players at the club, and hinted there may have already been some agreements in place for summer transfers.
“We already have a certain number of offers for our players for summer,” Aulas said. “We sell the players who want to leave to where they want to go.”
The comments suggest that there could be a number of outgoings from the French club at the end of the season, and they were raided last summer too, with Tanguy Ndombele joining Tottenham and Ferland Mendy going to Real Madrid.
Dembele is thought to be valued at around £60m, and United’s executive vice chairman Ed Woodward is said to have given the potential transfer his approval.
Dembele has always scored goals at every club he has represented, and he impressed in Scotland with Celtic, scoring 51 times in 94 appearances before moving on to Lyon in 2018.
United should have another opportunity to see Dembele in action when Lyon take on Strasbourg on Sunday, while they also have a fascinating-looking Champions League last-16 tie against Juventus coming up, with the first leg on February 26.