Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron

Must Read

Fantasy Premier League issue update to players on resumption of season

Fantasy Premier League (FPL) have provided an update for players about the format the game will take for the remaining gameweeks...

Government tells Premier League stars to keep social distance on pitch ‘where possible’

Premier League players have been instructed by the Government to keep a social distance between themselves ON the field of play...

Top 10 Steven Gerrard moments as Liverpool and England legend celebrates 40th birthday

On Steven Gerrard's 40th birthday, Mirror Sport has looked back at the 10 greatest moments of his career. ...

Man Utd still “haunted” by David Moyes appointment as post-Sir Alex Ferguson mistakes outlined

Javier Hernandez has claimed that Manchester United are still “haunted” by the mistake of appointing David Moyes. Hernandez says Moyes was...


Image copyright
Getty Images

Image caption

Nick Carter (left) with brother Aaron in 2006

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter has been granted a temporary restraining order against younger brother Aaron after alleging he threatened to kill Nick’s pregnant wife.

The singer, 39, said the legal move came “in light of Aaron’s increasingly alarming behaviour”.

Aaron, 31, must now stay at least 100 feet (30 metres) away from Nick, his family and their Las Vegas home.

In response, Aaron Carter said he was “astounded” by the accusations.

“I do not wish harm to anyone, especially my family,” he went on.

‘Careful consideration’

“After careful consideration, my sister Angel and I regret that we were required to seek a restraining order against our brother Aaron,” Nick Carter said on Tuesday.

“In light of Aaron’s increasingly alarming behaviour and his recent confessions that he harbours thoughts and intentions of killing my pregnant wife and unborn child, we were left with no choice but to take every measure possible to protect ourselves and our family.

“We love our brother and truly hope he gets the proper treatment he needs before any harm comes to himself or anyone else,” Carter continued.

Image caption

Nick Carter (far right) still performs with his fellow Backstreet Boys

Aaron, who rose to fame in the late 1990s as a child singer, acknowledged the restraining order on social media but denied the allegations of threatening behaviour.

“Take care Nick Carter. We’re done for life,” said the singer, who has a history of drug convictions and mental health issues.

On a recent episode of US TV show The Doctors, Aaron said he suffered from multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, acute anxiety and manic depression.

He later said he did not have any mental health issues and claimed the show had been edited to make it look as if he did, which the show’s producers denied.

Nick Carter, whose band had hits with such songs as Everybody and I Want It That Way, announced in May that he and wife Lauren were expecting their second child.

Last year it was decided the older Carter sibling would not be charged over a sexual assault accusation from 2003.

Follow us on Facebook, or on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts. If you have a story suggestion email





Source link

Comments

0 comments

Latest Update

Police parades fake soldier, 16 suspects for impersonation, kidnapping other crimes

The Plateau State Police Command on Saturday paraded 17 suspects for crimes ranging from impersonation, kidnapping, culpable homicide, armed robbery and unlawful possession...

Trump Threatens White House Protesters With ‘Vicious Dogs’ and ‘Ominous Weapons’

A day after claiming he didn’t mean to suggest that law enforcement officials should shoot people who were part of the unrest in...

Will fighters take less money to get back in the ring?

May 29, 2020Steve KimESPN A full slate of fight cards is being lined up as boxing is poised to resume June 9. One...

Gary Neville on Man Utd tradition that Old Trafford giants must ‘never’ stop

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville believes the club should always try to keep its tradition of developing academy graduates and...

COVID-19 In Kogi Is Real, I Won’t Play Politics With Lives – Dino Melaye

Dino Melaye, a former lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the National Assembly, has insisted that reports of the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) in...

More Post Like This

Comments

0 comments